ENABLING BETTER MANAGEMENT OF THE EARTH’S ENVIRONMENT
We at the Biodiversity & Environmental Research Center 'BERC' , believe that the welfare of human beings is deeply linked to the biodiversity & environment. Therefore we work to enable better management of the earth’s environment by increasing knowledge and understanding of biodiversity, environment, and related biotechnology. We aim to protect the environment and biodiversity in Palestine and work on their development for the benefit of present and future generations, by applying the following strategies:
- Research and specialized studies in which they can produce info in basic and applied biology, and managing and transfer this info to the largest possible spectrum of interested people and members of the community in general.
- Support the protection of the environment by encouraging the sustainable use of environmental resources.
- Education, training, and technical consulting.
- Awareness; educate the public on environmental issues.
OUR GOALS THEREFORE ARE:
- To produce basic and applied information on biodiversity, horticulture, environment, and related biotechnology, and to manage and communicate this information to stakeholders.
- To share our knowledge effectively on as wide a front as possible.
- To establish the center as an authoritative institution in the interpretation and teaching of systematic botany and fungi, horticulture, conservation, biodiversity assessment and management, herbarium and botanic gardens management, and medicinal plants.
- To assist actively in capacity building of biodiversity, agriculture, environmental sciences, and related biotechnology.
To network effectively with leading universities, research centers, colleges, schools and other similar institutions to develop research and education in above-mentioned fields.